Saturday, December 27, 2008

Great Spirit Rabbit turned book

This is the Great Spirit Rabbit painting turned into a book.
This was inspired by a little hand made book I saw at the North East Baha'i Conference this month. An aquantence showed me her book. She had gotton it in Africa as I recall. It was simple with white pages and a cardboard cover. She had filled it with quotes, prayers and pictures that made her happy. I was moved by this and came home to make my own.
I painted the cardboard (4.5"x6") then I cut 30 pieces of card stock to size. Then it was all stacked together and clipped in place. I used a tiny drill bit to make the holes along the edge. I used multi colored string and sewed the layers together. I added a ribbon so I can tie it closed. (assuming it will get bulky with time)

No comments: